this program offers the chance to become familiar with the are near the mountains Alpamayo, Santa Cruz, Pucahirca, Taulliraju, Huascarán, and Chacraraju; the route starts at Huallcayan, and goes on to Wuishcash, Cullicocha lake, cedros and Alpamayo canyon. We then arrive at Jancarurish, from where the natural “pyramid” arrises. This is Alpamayo glacier, the most beautiful mountain of our planet. This glacial formation is joined to that of the Pucahircas, and the quenual forests, and multi – colored lakes.
The highest pass we cross is Cara cara (4,830 meters), and from there we descend to Huillca, to experience Andean history by visiting rural communities that show their cultural traditions in Jancapampa.
This is one of the most beautiful treks in the Cordillera Blanca, because every day it contains impressive country side, and its degree of difficulty is rewarded through discovering its impressive natural beauty.
Duration: 11 days / 10 nights
Difficulty: Moderate / Difficult
- Day 1: Huaraz (3,100 mts) - Hualcayan (3,139 mts) - Wishcash camp (4,400 mts).
- Day 2: Wishcash camp (4,400 mts) - Ososruri step (4,860 mts) - Ososrusi camp (4,600)
- Day 3: Ososrusi camp (4,600) - Vientunan step (4,770) - Jancarurish camp (4,250 mts).
- Day 4: Jancarurish camp (4,250 mts) - Cara Cara step (4,850) - Mesapata step (4,460 mts) - Huillca camp (4,000).
- Day 5: Huillca camp (4,000 mts) - Yanacón step (4,610) - Jancapampa camp (3,600 mts).
- Day 6: Jancapampa camp (3,600 mts) - Tupa tupa step (4,360) - Huecrococha Camp (3,900).
- Day 7: Huecrococha Camp (3,900) - (rest day).
- Day 8: Huecrococha Camp (3,900) - Alto de Pucaraju step (4,640 mts) - Cachinapampa camp (3,700 mts).
- Day 9: Cachinapampa camp (3,700 mts) - Avalancha camp (4,000 mts).
- Day 10: Avalancha camp (4,000 mts) - Punta de Yanayacu step (4,850 mts) - Hualcapampa camp (4,000 mts).
- Day 11: Hualcapampa camp (4,000 mts) and back to Huaraz vía Ulta.